Book 4 is finished now. I always forget about how silly the Goosebumps books are and how simple the writing style is. When I was younger I thought they were awesome but now I read them as an adult and see that they aren’t even that well written, but man did they influence my early writing! You can tell I read a lot of books similar to Goosebumps when I was younger. And the cliffhanger chapter endings! Wow. Corney.
But I still enjoyed my quick read.
I have made it 12 hours so far, but the hard part is yet to come. I must stay awake during the night. It’s now after midnight, but by 3am I’d imagine my eyes will be killing me!
Here’s the obligatory halfway survey post.
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired?
A bit sleepy, eyes are not tired yet, but I know they will be!
2) What have you finished reading?
– I Never Knew There Was A Word For It by Adam Jacot de Boinod
– A Dreadful Murder: The Mysterious Death of Caroline Luard by Minette Walters
– Xenophobes Guide to The Danes by Helen Dyrbye
– Goosebumps: The Horror at Camp Jellyjam by RL Stein
3) What is your favorite read so far?
Probably the Xenophobes Guide book. It was amusing and interesting with a casual style. I just enjoyed reading it.
4) What about your favorite snacks?
The strawberries were nice, but so were the chips (fries) I ate back at the start of the readathon… I’m still hungry though and have no snacks to get me through the rest of the event! Oh noes!
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love!
I have seen a few but between frantic updates and reading I’ve not checked them out properly. I will do so and certainly spread the loves in the next few days when I recover!
One thought on “Readathon Hours 11 + 12 – Half way there!”
You’re doing great, keep it up! Although how you will stay awake without snacks, I’m not sure. Good luck!