It’s that time of year where I remember that I have a blog and finally update, spamming the blog with Readathon posts!
I’ve been gathering my TBR pile for the event and even made a trip to the library after (over) a year of not visiting.
I’m starting a bit early, as I know I will fall asleep but also i want to finish Lolita by Vladimir Nobokov, before I start on the TBR pile.
I gathered the shortest books I could find on my shelves that I had not already read.
Then I quickly picked a few interesting reads and graphic novels from the library 20 minutes before closing time (I didn’t finish work until an hour before closing time anyway!)
- Fellside – M R Carey
- The Marvels – Brian Selznick
- The Signalman – Charles Dickens
- Killing the Dead – Marcus Sedgwick
- The History Boys – Alan Bennett
- DNA (School Edition) – Dennis Kelly
- Just So Stories – Rudyard Kipling
- The Grownup – Gillian Flynn
- Dead Man Talking – Roddy Doyle
- My Naughty Little Sister – Dorothy Edwards
- My Girlfriend’s a Geek (Vol 1) – Pentabu
- The Graveyard Book – Neil Gaiman
- The Guest Cat – Takashi Hiraide
- When the Emperor Was Divine – Julie Otsuka
- Reasons to Stay Alive – Matt Haig
- Goodbye Tsugumi – Banana Yoshimoto
- Sally Heathcoate: Suffragette – Mary M Talbot, Kate Charlesworth and Bryan Talbot
- Ghost World – Daniel Clowes
- Me, Me, Me – Charlotte Crosby
- The Goddess Chronicle – Natsuo Kirino
I did have Almost Transparent Blue by Ryu Murakami in the pile until I realised I’d already read it! It wasn’t a particularly memorable book though!
I’m off to finish Lolita and won’t be back until either I finish it, or it is the official start time for the Readathon.