I must say, I had a lovely sleep. Unfortunately, it has left me with only an hour of reading time left.
I will add though, that my dreams were full of references to A Tale for Time Being. It was as though spending all those hours reading it were not enough and it refuses to leave my head. Now that is a sign of a good book!
Since I woke up, I have been reading a philosophy book (again, thanks to A Tale for Time Being for all of its philosophy references)
Book/s:Derrida: Philosophy in an Hour by Paul Strathern
Paper or Kindle?: Kindle.
Pages read: 100%
Comment: I found this hard to read as i am not often a reader of philosophy, but from what I understand Derrida is a figure who splits the opinion of philosophers. This is a nice introduction, and I am sure if I re-read this at a time when I am more awake, I may get more understanding from it.
Completed books so far: 4
- Which hour was most daunting for you?
I suppose it was when I was getting 8-9 hours in and realised I still hadn’t finished a book. But since I was enjoying it, I realised it didn’t matter so much!
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Well, I have raved about how amazing A Tale for Time Being is, so I think that would be great!
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Nope, it is running very well!
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The cheerleaders have been amazing!
- How many books did you read?
Not as many as I was hoping. I read 4.
- What were the names of the books you read?
A Tale for Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
The Dancing Bear by Michael Morpurgo
Billy the Kid by Michael Morpurgo
Derrida: Philosophy in an Hour by Paul Strathern
- Which book did you enjoy most?
A Tale for Time Being.
- Which did you enjoy least?
Derrida: Philosophy in an Hour. It was not philosophy I subscribe to, and reading it just after waking up was not a good idea!
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
Wasn’t a cheerleader.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I will see y’all again in April. Cannot get enough of the readathon. I will also get round to donating more prizes. I was too busy to organise it this readathon.