I had a lovely long sleep and woke up about 8am. I’ve been dozing between reading since.
I have completed 2 books since my last post. The first was Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones and the second was not on my original tbr list, but merel a book I decided to read on my kindle as it was easier than holding up a paperback or hardback. It was The Story of Doctor Dolittle. It was so fun!
While there is still nearly a full hour left of the readathon, I’m unsure if I will finish any more books. I’ve been reading The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet and I’m 47 pages in, and I probably could whizz through Saga Vol 7 but I’m feeling quite chill right now.
It’s been a wonderful readathon!
Now for the survey.
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
None! I thoroughly enjoyed reading and I didn’t deprive myself of sleep.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a reader engaged for next year?
I always vary my tbr list and include graphic novels and short stories to give a sense of confidence and accomplishment. This year I found my inclusion of a poetry book to be a good idea. I read the poems aloud and really enjoyed it.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?
I think it was great 🙂 I don’t know how to improve it. I suppose I missed the hourly prize announcements but even still, I accomplished my goal of reading a lot, s it doesn’t matter to me!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I loved the build up with the Goodreads and Facebook groups sharing ideas on books and snacks.
5. How many books did you read?
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Wintersong – by S Jae Jones
The Story of Doctor Dolittle – by Hugh Lofting
Goblin Market and Other Poems – by Christina Rosetti
Kindred Spirits – by Raibow Rowell
More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark 3
Bee and Puppycat Vol 1
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
The poetry was fun to read aloud but I really enjoyed Wintersong. It was gorgeous!
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Scary Stories 2 – it was not scary and I had to force myself to finish it. I nearly didn’t bother with Scay Stories 3 but luckily it had a couple of redeeming stories.
9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I quite enjoy being a reader with no additional responsibilities. I’ll be back for the 10th anniversary Oct 2017 Readathon for sure!